AV short for Audio Visual, is another way to display images. This method is made up of a number of images shown individually with creative representations in displaying the images and in the transfer between images and accompanied by music which enhances the creative experience.
PSSA Definition of Audio Visual:
An Audio Visual (AV) is a compilation of still images, which may include movie/video clips, with an integrated theme or story line where audio, transitions and images are interdependent. An effective sequence will therefore have unity of the various elements, i.e.: the conception, the visuals, the audio, communication and technique. Artistic expression within it can take many forms and is only limited by the author’s imagination and creativity.
Here is some info to get us going:
- The software we would like to standardise on is Pictures to EXE (PTE).
- The link to learn more about PTE is: https://www.wnsoft.com/en/picturestoexe/.
- To download the trial, which I am sure can be upgraded later is here: https://files.wnsoft.com/picturestoexe/picturestoexe-setup.exe
- To buy PTE, here is the link: https://www.wnsoft.com/en/picturestoexe/buy/
- There are two scripts, Essentials and Deluxe, here is the link to compare:
- Essentials will be more than adequate to build your presentations.
- Essentials is: $69 US (23/01/2019).
- Deluxe is: $139 US (23/01/2019).
- Club members may contact the GBPC media liaison representative and enquire about a PTE discount code.
- AV to be no longer than 5 minutes. (3 minutes 12 seconds official accepted length).
- Own Video/s not to be more than 20% of the total AV playing time.
- For screen size ratio: 4:3 Maximum: 1920px X 1440px, recommended: 1400px X 1050px.
- For screen size ratio 16:9 Maximum & recommended: 1920px X 1080px.
- Resolution to be 70 dpi.
- Format: exe, mp4 (avi and mov accepted).